Cebu

I just forget to create a post regarding a trip escapade to Cebu way back 2011 because I already have a journal with this trip, it was act...

I just forget to create a post regarding a trip escapade to Cebu way back 2011 because I already have a journal with this trip, it was actually one of the happiest days of my life because it was my first ever trip with friends and with my hubby.

Way-back 2011, it was really hard to find information about travel tips with our fellow travel bloggers here, that was why even if it was DIY trip we still hired a tour package when we arrived in Mactan Airport.

                                                                    Girls
                                                             Partners,wait where is Jonard?

When we arrived in Cebu it was already 5:30 PM, I can still remember that our first stop was finding nearest local restaurant but to no avail, we just decided to have our dinner to KFC. After eating, we went to Sky regency for their famous tourist attraction the Sky adventure. This activity is not for faint heart because you would walk in the transparent glasses on top of the building and the highlights was the extreme edge coaster ride wherein you would need to tilt your chair and you would feel like falling from the top.

 The Hotel
 That was the price before, you may want to check Crown regency for updated price.
Before our extreme activity

 My hubby was exhilarated
 I was one of the original of the angels, you know?
 Sitting on the edge
We were afraid to tilt this ride hahahaha!

With our second day in Cebu, we went to Lapu- Lapu Shrine, Taoist Temple,Dampa Floating Sutukil Restaurant,Alegre's Guitar,Fort San Pedro,Magellan's Cross, Basilica Shrine and Royal Court Buffet.

Taoist Temple - This is located inside Beverly Hills subdivision, this is a tourist attraction because they say that if you will visit this place and make a wish it will come true : So far after 4 years, my wish did come true!

 Blurred
Inside the temple



Before you light the incense stick you must wash first your hands and towel dry, then for girls it's a big no if you are with Aunt Flow.

Lapu Lapu Shrine - It was a statue of  LapuLapu for his honor and he defeated Magellan in 1521 for the Battle of Mactan Cebu. Well, since I love history we went to this area and most of local tourist skip this place for the city tour.



Photo Bomber
 With the gang
 Jump Shot! how I missed Shiela the girl beside me who was wearing pink hahaha

Because we got hungry we went to the famous "Sutukil", I forgot the exact location but it is within the area of Don Miguel Magallanes Shrine. The food was superb!there was this monster of crabs that can be compared to King Alaskan Crab.



 First we bought and pick the freshest fish and crabs!

 Small sizes of crabs, but in Manila this was huge already
 While eating there will be someone to serenade you, lovely isn't it?just give a tip to manong.
 So relish!
I know right? I am.


Alegre Guitars - if you love guitars, then this is the right spot for you! however, during our visit the guitars were expensive and we weren't able to purchase one. This is located in Pajac, Manibago road in Lapu Lapu City.

 There will be someone to explain how their guitars made
 Different kinds of Guitars

This one was I would like to purchase but we didn't bought this. =(

Fort San Pedro - Ahhh! history again, Miguel Lopez Legaspi built this shrine for a military defense way back 1700s, they now called this Plaza Independencia. 

 The entrance
 The tourist on Fuerte San Pedro
 Lovers in Fuerte San Pedro

 There were no tourist guide during our visit, can someone tell me the story behind this?
 A wishing well
Nice background, some of the photo enthusiasts will love this!

Magellan's Cross - The cross was planted by the command of Ferdinand Magellan and Spanish Explorers on March 15,1521



Magellan's cross is just adjacent to Basilica Santo nino Church, if you are a catholic you may want to see the santo nino inside the church and don't forget to bring your towel.


Sadly, when I went back last December for a stop over, I visited the church and most of the part of the church were still under construction, it got destroyed because of the previous earthquake here in the Philippines that destroyed most of the tourist spots in Bohol.

Our last agenda on our second day was we went to Royal Place buffet and it was so good and really affordable for only PHP 200, you can get to eat unlimited crispy pata and more.
 This place is a HIT!

On our 4th day, (sorry I skipped the 3rd day because we went to Tagbilaran Bohol for the city tour)

We went to Taboan Public Market to buy pasalubong, just don't forget to stroll around inside the area before buying anything because some of the prices were too high compared to the stalls inside the market.


 Ukelele
 A must have if you are in CEBU!
 Dried Squid
  Dried Danggit
Dried Fish (unsure of the name) hahaha

 Hubby hoarded danggit and squid because it's his favorite

So before leaving Cebu, we headed to CNT Lechon Restaurant, this was one of the best roast pig I have ever tasted. (hmm.. I am craving now)

  Puso- This is rice inside woven coconut leaves *only in Cebu
  The entrance
Yummy!!!!! You don't need a lechon sauce only vinegar with lots of chilis!!

So there, that was the end of our trip, this became one of special trip that I would still love to remember. I would still come back and enjoy Cebu for a different trip, on next time I will explore the nature side of Cebu.

C E B U

P.S
Some of the photos are owned by Gee Tee Bayon and Aldrin Cruz

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images